Corfu Greece Tourist Information and Travel Guide
The Old Fortress is one of two large castles in Corfu Town. It was constructed by the Venetians between 1550 and 1559.
The fortress is situated on a small island located off the east side of community. It is separated from the main island by a moat and is connected to it by a bridge (see photo).
Visitors to the Old Fort can enjoy a magnificent view of Corfu Town and the eastern side of Corfu Island.
There is restaurant and museum in the fort. The Church of St. George, a British Garrison church, is also within the fortification.
The other fort is Corfu Town is called the New Fortress. It is located on the west side of Corfu Town.